Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Blemish control gels.....who makes the best one?

 Lets face it. We all get spots. While you can control the majority of them with careful cleansing, product choices and diet - there are those that just happen. I've become a massive fan of blemish gels. A solution that (with a clean finger) you can apply to the site and do damage control with.

I've been using a few long enough to form an opinion on how good they are.

The best one is Origins Super Spot Remover. This is so good that I have passed the addiction onto my friends who are now dabbing with confidence! It's a really great formula and mild so sensitive skin can use it. I will warn you that this one flakes off which is great if you are using overnight but not so great during the day - so be warned. The salicylic acid in this takes down the spot causing some burning but nothing too drastic while red algae takes down the redness. It's about £15 a small pot but don't be fooled - a little goes a long way with this one and it does last for ages.
 This is a newer release to the MAC prep and prime family. Blemish Control Gel. Its the same job as the Origins one except, I find this slightly stronger stuff. However, it can reduce a massive one in minutes. I wear this during the day as it has less flaking then the Origins one. It worked recently on a bad boy on my forehead and reduced it in about a day. It works by sealing, healing and protecting the skin. The salicylic acid in this also dries out the spot making it easier to cover and quicker to heal. I will warn you this - squeeze the tube VERY gently as it pours out product meaning that you will run through it very fast. A little goes a long way and it would be great to see a product redesign in the future where it pours out less. I love this though and I would say that this is on par with the Origins version.
Ah this.

Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions. I bought this during the summer as I had no Origins left, was trapped in London and had a massive spot looming which was spoiling my fun somewhat. I was massively let down though. I feel it really doesn't do much. I had their Anti Blemish Solutions toner at one point as well and was not impressed with that one either. I find it just the wrong side of mild for me. I think if your skin was uber sensitive then this would be a winner but it just isn't strong enough for my tastes.  The bottle isn't great either as you really have to squeeze it to get product out. I wouldn't say its terrible but I didnt get on with it at all. Oh and I still have a full bottle left.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar