Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

April's Polish Haul


Hi everyone!

I bought a lot of polishes this month, so I thought it would be fun to show you the ones I added to my collection this April!
First off: I totally forgot some polishes. I'm not sure anymore which ones, but I am sure that I bought more polishes this month than I'm showing you now. Bad memory!

And secondly: sorry for the wonky pictures! I guess I was in a mood to make the ground look crooked or something, woops!


I'll start with the two polishes I'm most proud of to now have in my collection: OPI's My Vampire Is Buff and Amazon... Amazoff. I was a big fan of Amazon... Amazoff when I saw swatches of it, but I decided to wait a bit and not buy it immediately. There was a sort of promotion sale at my local distributor of OPI polishes last week so you could buy two polishes and get 50% off on one of them - that's when I saw my chance to buy it!

Now, My Vampire Is Buff, that's another story entirely. I have been searching and searching for this polish for like forever. Or well, more accurately, for about six months. I had read soooo many good things about it and I desperately needed a good off-white in my polish collection. I looked everywhere for it but just couldn't find it anywhere, and eventually I decided that it probably just wasn't sold in my country.


And then, when I least expected it - BAM! There it was! I was browsing the store for some more polish when I saw a nice off-white OPI. I picked it up and looked at the name - yeah yeah yeah, MVIB! I smiled at the bottle for about two minutes, thinking to myself it couldn't be real and I was probably dreaming, but then I skipped over to the counter and with a biiiiig smile on my face bought it.

Have any of you had that amazing feeling of utter happiness when you find a polish you've been searching for for like forever? I told some friends about this, and they were all like "Oh that's great that you found it, what does the polish look like?", expecting it to be a super special colour or something glittery, right - bummer when I have to explain it's a very normal off-white haha :)


 The third (and fourth, and fifth and so on) polish I bought this month is by Guylond. I had already bought an ombre pack a few months ago, so when I saw this pack I picked it up as well.
I think I made a mistake though - I assumed they meant "glow in the dark" with those "UV colors", but now that I think about it it's probably some effect you can only see with a special UV light - which I do not own. I haven't tried them on yet so I'm still hoping it's regular glow in the dark ;)


These two polishes are by Essence: I bought a special effect topper (on the left) and a glow in the dark top coat.

I have tried the glow in the dark top coat, but it changes the colour of your polish underneath! I used it over black, and the black polish turned a bit milky grey - like, what are you thinking Essence, that I want a top coat to change the pretty colour I'm wearing underneath? No, I just want a special glow in the dark effect when it's dark, I don't want any milky effect. Maybe I need to try it on top of a different colour and see how it goes. 

I also already tried the Jewel Effect topper - that one is so pretty! It has little glitters in it that change colour according to how the light hits them - they turn soft pink, soft blue or see-through, very pretty!


Then: Essie's Trophy Wife! I'm not a big fan of the name, but the colour looks great. I also haven't tried this one on myself but I've seen swatches :) I think this one is great for some mermaid nail art I'm planning on trying soon.


And then the last one: Golden Tears by Park Avenue. A lovely polish with tiny golden flecks in it and some bigger hexagon shaped glitter that has a rainbow effect when light hits it right. Pretty!

That's my haul this month! I'm quite glad with these polishes, and I can't wait to try some of them out!

Thanks for reading! :)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar